News / Mineral based sunscreen
In our Make my day we have included Algica
The algae-based silica material with unique and powerful properties developed by nature.
- Cleanses the skin by absorption of impurities, sweat and bacteria
- Efficient carrier material that enables efficient uptake of vitamins and nutrients by the skin
- Improved moisture retention by its ability to bind water, similar to hyaluronic acid
- A future natural, non-toxic and environmentally friendly UV filter
- COSMOS Certified Organic
- Transparent on the skin
- Completely odor-free
- The dry form is long-lasting and does not require preservatives
- Rheology modifying properties
- The material also shows promise for anti-pollution (currently testing)
- It is available as a dry powder and as a water-based cream. The dry material is preferable for oil-based formulations and serums, while the cream is easy to formulate into lotions and face masks
These properties have been tested in scientific studies
We don’t all have coral reefs but we have lakes, waters, sea life and a beautiful planet that needs our help. If you think about it, these chemicals destroy sea life, imagine what it does to our skin and bodies before we flush it out again in the environment.
Here is a list of the worst offenders in sunscreens: oxybenzone, benzophenone-3, octinoxate, octyl methoxycinnamate, octocrylene, 4-methyl-benzylidene camphor, triclosan and more.
Just because it’s sold in a pharmacy doesn’t render it safe, please check the ingredients.
Take care of our oceans, lakes, rivers, sea life and planet, choose a mineral based sun cream ☀️