News / Nontoxic sunscreen
Text by the lovely Anja Skeppe Grahn @anjaskeppegrahn
”Sunscreen of the future
We love sunscreen, but many unfortunately have a detrimental effect on the environment.
That’s why we keep our fingers crossed that Algica will soon be approved as a UV-filter by EU
Algica is made of algae shells and is cultivated by the company Swedish Algae Factory @swedishalgaefactory - totally organic, natural and environmentally friendly.
Besides potential UV protection, Algica also moisturises and acts as an anti-pollution barrier.
Make my day by True organic of Sweden is the first face cream with this ingredient.”
As eco nerds, this is so interesting and we are so excited to be at the forefront in this area
Planet friendly ingredients all the way!
In our Make my day we have included Algica
The algae-based silica material with unique and powerful properties developed by nature.
- Cleanses the skin by absorption of impurities, sweat and bacteria
- Efficient carrier material that enables efficient uptake of vitamins and nutrients by the skin
- Improved moisture retention by its ability to bind water, similar to hyaluronic acid
- A future natural, non-toxic and environmentally friendly UV filter
- COSMOS Certified Organic
- Transparent on the skin
- Completely odor-free
- The dry form is long-lasting and does not require preservatives
- Rheology modifying properties
- The material also shows promise for anti-pollution (currently testing)
- It is available as a dry powder and as a water-based cream. The dry material is preferable for oil-based formulations and serums, while the cream is easy to formulate into lotions and face masks
These properties have been tested in scientific studies
True organic of Sweden is proud to launch Make my day cream
Day creams rarely stand out as unique, but we have formulated Make my day with the future potential planet friendly sunscreen Algica.
This is a revolutionary product, and we are first in the world with a day cream containing Algica. Make my day is a soothing face cream rich in antioxidants and super foods like oat kernel oil, rosehip oil, blueberry seed oil, turmeric, hyaluronic acid and Vitamin E. The revolutionary ingredient is Algica, the shell of an organically grown microalgae. Tests are currently being conducted to approve this algae material by the EU as an environmentally friendly UV-filter for use in sunscreen. Algica shells originate from the sea and are thereby completely safe for oceans and sea life. As we are all aware today, we need to protect our fragile oceans from harmful and unnatural chemical substances that endanger life in our waters. https://swedishalgaefactory.com/lab/personal-care/ Make my day leaves your skin with a revitalized complexion, balanced moisture levels while naturally slowing the signs of aging and protecting against all harsh elements. 100% natural 79% organic Sustainable packaging from sugarcane
To celebrate this exciting launch, we have an introductory offer
25% discount on Make my day cream and all our other products too.
It’s an ideal time to get your sustainable holiday gifts 🎁
An automatic discount of 25% is applied on orders between November 15-27th 2019