News / Sunflower oil for skin
Many of you choose to use the cream during the day and the oil over night.
Just keep some attention to what your skin is telling you it needs and adapt the amount of oil contra cream according to what feels is giving you the most comfort. 💚
Our products All You Need Is Me and Face It contains Vitamin E due to the many benefits, at True Organic of Sweden we only make pure products from organic ingredients. If you are interested in reading more about the ingredients used at here at True Organic of Sweden, go to the ingredients page.
More about Sunflower oil by Natassia Green
Sunflower oil is the source of Vitamin E. Its large amount defines the powerful benefits of sunflower oil for skin.
- Moisturizing - Vitamin E acts as an emollient that traps moisture inside skin cells. Therefore, using sunflower oil for skin helps keep it hydrated for a longer period. One of the options is to add a few drops of the oil into a commercial cream.
- Anti-aging activity - Vitamin E is a strong antioxidant that struggles against the damage done by free radicals. The University of Maryland Medical Center proved that Vitamin E in skin care products may help protect the collagen and elastin in skin and reduce fine lines and wrinkles. Using sunflower seed oil for skin only several times per week can help postpone its aging.
- Anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial activity - According to the University of Maryland Medical Center, Vitamin E helps lower skin redness and roughness. Skincare tester Paula Begoun states that skin’s overall appearance will improve providing you regularly apply the sources of Vitamin E onto skin. The anti-inflammatory benefits of sunflower oil for skin is evidently strong as the oil is high in Omega-6 (linoleic) fatty acid along with Vitamin E. The University of Maryland Medical Center reports that linoleic acid helps decrease inflammation in skin (i.e., acne, dermatitis, sunburns). The center also says that Omega-6 enhances the developing of new skin cells. Thus, sunflower oil for skin care ensures constantly rejuvenated and even skin surface.
- Skin protection - Rich in Vitamin E product maintains outer protective skin layer, notes the Harvard Medical School. Therefore, the topical use of sunflower seed oil for skin helps shield it from future environmental damage and limit moisture loss. As Wikipedia reports, daily sunflower oil treatment for the skin of premature or low birth weight infants lowered their risk to develop infections in the hospital.
Tips for using sunflower seed oil on skin
To get the beautifying benefits of sunflower oil to a full extent it is important to know some rules of using it topically.
- You should apply sunflower oil only on damp and warm skin, for example after bathing. So the oil is absorbed well and its nutrients soak deep inside your skin.
- Sunflower oil is extremely adaptable for the skin under eyes and sensitive skin. It smoothes the under eye area and reduce wrinkles.
- A good solution of skin soothing is to add sunflower oil to your bath.
- Sunflower oil is nice for massage and lubrication.
- Sunflower oil is suitable as a diluting base in aromatherapy because it has a very little scent and a fine texture on the skin.
Our serum Face it , has sunflower oil. Have you tried it?