News / Sunscreen
In our Make my day we have included Algica
The algae-based silica material with unique and powerful properties developed by nature.
- Cleanses the skin by absorption of impurities, sweat and bacteria
- Efficient carrier material that enables efficient uptake of vitamins and nutrients by the skin
- Improved moisture retention by its ability to bind water, similar to hyaluronic acid
- A future natural, non-toxic and environmentally friendly UV filter
- COSMOS Certified Organic
- Transparent on the skin
- Completely odor-free
- The dry form is long-lasting and does not require preservatives
- Rheology modifying properties
- The material also shows promise for anti-pollution (currently testing)
- It is available as a dry powder and as a water-based cream. The dry material is preferable for oil-based formulations and serums, while the cream is easy to formulate into lotions and face masks
These properties have been tested in scientific studies
You want to use a sunscreen but have read scary stories about creams toxic to the skin and bad for the environment.
It's important to address what we call a "chemical" . There is maybe a misconception that all chemicals are harmful - They are not! Our bodies, plants and everything around us are made up of chemicals. Nothing is truly chemical free. So instead of searching for a chemical free sunscreen, look for one that is free from harmful chemicals. When you read about dangers of chemical sunscreens, it's usually about synthetic chemical filters, rather than physical or mineral filters.
Chemical sunscreens absorb into the skin and then absorb the UV rays while physical sunscreens sit on top of the skin and deflect the UV rays. Hence the white residue it leaves on skin if it's with non-nano particles. Zink oxide is a physical sunscreen, but it is still detrimental for our waters and environment. The best sunscreen to use is a non-nano Titanium dioxide. Some supplements like vitamin E can help to protect from UV rays from the inside. Of course also, wear a hat and stay in the shade 😎
Some of the most harmful ingredients for our waters and environment are Ethylhexyl Triazone, Diethylamino hydroxybenzoyl, Hexyl Benzonate, Benzophenone-3, Isoomyl P-methoxycinnamate, Methylene Bis-Benzotriazolyl Tetramethylbutylphenol
Beautiful photo by @jtamedia #naturalsunscreen #organicproducts #naturalproducts #madeinsweden #sustainable #environment #productphotography #stockholm