News / Best face cream
Need a quick mood booster ? Head to a garden center or botanical gardens. In a recent study of 2000 adults, 60% felt an overall increase in general happiness after a visit. Being surrounded by plants reduces stress and improves positive feelings.
Some of the reasons you should choose organic skincare products. Not only are organic skincare products preferable for the environment as organic farming procedures are better, they are also beneficial to wildlife as well. These practices produce less dangerous waste from fertilizers and pesticides. Up to 100% of organic skincare products contain active ingredients. In synthetic skincare products, active ingredients usually only make up 5-10% of its contents. To further prove this point, natural ingredients work in synergy with each other and become more powerful together.
Those who know me, know that I’m a big believer in a holistic approach to overall beauty and wellness. What we eat, how we move, what we apply to our skin and what we think is all connected. We have all probably heard about the fantastic benefits of meditation. I’ve tried doing it on my own, apps and websites with guided meditations. I stick with it for a few days but then... Now I’ve found something that works for me that I wanted to share. It still took discipline the first week, but now it’s a habit. YouTube 👍
I like the @thehonestguys for meditation and Suzanne Grace for breathing exercises and clearing your chakras. I have to say, I find myself with a more positive mind. Do you have a favorite meditation method you would like to share?
The beautiful photo by art director @thebeautymaiden and photographer @amandaxnilsson
Beautiful design by Nicole Waller
In our Make my day we have included Algica
The algae-based silica material with unique and powerful properties developed by nature.
- Cleanses the skin by absorption of impurities, sweat and bacteria
- Efficient carrier material that enables efficient uptake of vitamins and nutrients by the skin
- Improved moisture retention by its ability to bind water, similar to hyaluronic acid
- A future natural, non-toxic and environmentally friendly UV filter
- COSMOS Certified Organic
- Transparent on the skin
- Completely odor-free
- The dry form is long-lasting and does not require preservatives
- Rheology modifying properties
- The material also shows promise for anti-pollution (currently testing)
- It is available as a dry powder and as a water-based cream. The dry material is preferable for oil-based formulations and serums, while the cream is easy to formulate into lotions and face masks
These properties have been tested in scientific studies
It’s an oil that is increasingly common in skincare.
We have squalane in our face cream Make my day and in our body lotion Body buddy.
The reason is that it is a phenomenal multitasking moisturizing oil
that leaves skin visibly plump, hydrated and minimizes signs of redness and irritation.
Squalane reduces the look of fine line and wrinkles, locks in moisture, improves skin
elasticity, helps protect skin and assists with oil control while it doesn’t block pores.
The squalane we use is naturally derived from olives.
Watch out though, there is also squalene with an e.
This is either unethically derived from shark liver or a synthetic material.
Squalane -yes! Squalene -no!